Friday, November 6, 2009

City on Fire (Williams, Walter Jon) 1997

This is the sequel to Metropolitan (which I read some while ago) that I finally got around to reading.  I'd forgotten enough of Metropolitan that I was grateful that City on Fire contains enough backstory to make it unnecessary to have actually read Metropolitan first.  It takes a little while for the story to kick into gear, and I spent a fair amount of time annoyed at our primary protagonist, Aiah, but the end comes all too soon and... BOLLOCKS!  there isn't a sequel yet, and according to this interview and Williams' website, and the fact that 12 years have passed since the publication of City on Fire, I'm not sanguine about its chances.



This is a shame. The world of Metropolitan is so visually rich that someone should have exercised the film options by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment