Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bring Me the Head of Prince Charming (Zelazny, Roger and Sheckley, Robert) 1991


Frankly, Mr. Sheckley, this novel I've read
It pains my brain and it corrodes my soul
Oh, I didn't realise that you wrote fantasy
I didn't realise you wrote such bloody awful fantasy, Mr. Sheckley

Frankly, Mr. Sheckley, since you asked
This book's a juvenile piece of crap
I do not mean to be so rude
Still, I must speak frankly, Mr. Sheckly
Oh, refund my money!

Actually, Mr. Sheckley neither asked nor likely would care about my opinion if he were alive. Still, there's bubblegum for the brain and then there's rotgut for the brain. The Amber series is mostly bubblegum with a few interesting bits; this is pure rotgut. Then again, 19 years ago I kind of liked The Mask of Loki, so maybe I would have kind of liked this one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment