Monday, July 30, 2012

2012 Colchester Triathlon

It looks like I'm riding
a toy bike

Yesterday was the 28th annual Colchester Triathlon, and my third.  This year, I had a road (touring) bike instead of my hybrid, pictured right (purchased from vtsportsimages' smugmug account).



They've posted the results in PDF format, so it will take me a little while to get it into my preferred spreadsheet format, but it's clear that:

  1. the road bike made a huge difference, beating my previous cycling best by 5 minutes (instead of being passed left and right, I was only being passed left),
  2. the low lake levels shortened the swimming leg relative to last year, and
  3. my conditioning could be a lot better (28 minutes to walk/run 5k is too slow)
Next year: improve my overall conditioning so that my legs aren't dead at the start of the bike/run transition, and so that I spend less time walking in order to get my breathing/heart rate under control.  I should be able to get to 1:20:00 "just" doing that.


UPDATE: spreadsheet up

No comments:

Post a Comment