Friday, May 25, 2012

Audiosurf

I've been playing Audiosurf semi-regularly for close to 3.5 years now, which is a long time for any game to hold your interest, and also makes it even more of an incredible bargain than I thought 3 years ago.  


It also means that I've played just about all my mp3's in that time, and because I'm me, I've recorded my scores and the highest score of other players on (just about) every song I've played.  What's useful about this is that since I've now completed a nearly full circuit of my mp3's, it can help me decide what to replay in order to maximize the number of "thrones" I hold.  For example, the spreadsheet is currently sorted so that:

  1. songs where I'm not the leader show up first, then
  2. songs where I didn't get the "Clean Finish" bonus (this is a 25% bonus, so getting it is a relatively easy way to boost your score), then 
  3. it's finally sorted by the ratio of the "other" highest score to my high score

So, clearly I should go after "Only the Lonely" and "Gumboots" next.

2 comments:

  1. Love it....ps talk about a bargain though, it was only FIVE dollars (on sale) when I got it for you guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, have you seen the next evolutionary step for audiosurf? http://air.audio-surf.com/

      Delete