Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hi, it's Irving. Irving Who? Irving Gas

Got a call from some people "doing a survey."


She: Have you bought gas at a local station within the past two weeks?
Me: I don't remember.
She: Hunh?
Me: I own a Prius and don't drive very much. [as it turned out when I checked my records later, it had been more than two weeks]
She: How about within the last month?
Me: Yes.
She: Where was it?
Me: I don't remember.
She: Hunh?
Me: I know where the place is; it's the place I go to all the time, but I don't remember the name of it off the top of my head.  I could go check my records to find out.
She: Well, was it an Irving?
Me: I've never heard of them before.
She: You haven't?
Me: Nope.
She: Well, we have enough people in your category.  Thank you!  [click]


I was fairly certain there wasn't an Irving Gas in Burlington; looking online, they appear to be a MA-based company... oh, they do in fact have a location in Burlington, and it's the closest gas station to my house, and right across from the park we walk to.  My only defense is that it's a relatively recent name change, and I haven't fueled at that gas station in about nine years because they have the highest prices around, so I don't even look at it anymore.  Even with the name change.

No comments:

Post a Comment