Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Kill Doctor Lucky gets Sold Out

I really like Cheapass Games, and big part of that is because of their philosophy that games cost too much because of the generic parts that game companies sell to you over and over again.  Kill Doctor Lucky might be my favorite Cheapass game, and so I was naturally shocked and ashamed to discover that you can no longer buy the Cheapass version of the game new; you must buy the "high quality deluxe edition" that comes with:

  • Full-color board of the Lucky Mansion
  • 96 full-color cards
  • 8 pawns
  • 30 spite tokens
  • Full-color rules sheet
... basically, all the crap that the founding philosophy said we could do without!  Now that's irony for you.

Now, I'm not opposed to the existence of a high quality deluxe edition, but I would really like to be able to buy the original Cheapass version.

No comments:

Post a Comment