Saturday, August 29, 2009

Audiosurf album "review" : What's Going On

Marvin Gaye's What's Going On is a tremendous album to listen to that seems to have been overlooked by the really good Audiosurfers, probably because the tracks are mostly uphill and less "difficult". That just means there's lots of opportunity for a third-tier player like me to top the high score lists.
  1. What's Going On. This track goes uphill and is then levels out, with some bumps along the way. Not a terribly interesting visually, but a great song.
  2. What's Happening Brother. Uphill climb followed by a gradual bumpy downhill. Pretty busy (traffic 200). None of the good audiosurfers have played this song, so I'm top dog.
  3. Flyin' High (In the Friendly Sky). A small normal-ish curve followed by a level-but-bumpy section followed by a loooong uphill to end the song.
  4. Save the Children. Traffic 155 - mostly uphill with a little dip before the final ascent. A little confusing at the end because this is one of the songs that leads right into the next, so the track break is a little artificial. Gonna have this problem with the Abbey Road album, too.
  5. God is Love. Straight downhill, traffic 255, but apparently I'm the only person in the world to play this song. This is what happens in an iTunes culture. Nobody has albums any more. This song also runs right into the next.
  6. Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology). Traffic 181. Shaped like Flyin' High, but smoother and with a shorter level spot. It took my three runs, but I got the top spot -- where the heck are the good surfers? I would have thought that they'd all be out for this one.
  7. Right On. 7:30, smooth, uphill, relatively low traffic of 170. Only one person has played it on elite, but I have no shot at beating their score... maybe I do? After three plays, I managed to claw over 300,000 and within striking distance of Murky's 318K. 22 minutes is more time than I wanted to spend on this.
  8. Wholy Holy. No one else has played Elite on this, so I let Connor play it.
  9. Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler). Traffic 111. Uphill, but only steep at the beginning and end.

No comments:

Post a Comment