Sunday, August 23, 2009

Audiosurf album "review" : ABBA Gold

It's first alphabetically in our collection, so it'll be first here. Right now I'm playing Pointman Elite, which means I suck on all downhill runs with traffic > 200. ABBA is also very popular, so little hope of reaching the top any high score lists here.

Overall, my favorites were Dancing Queen, Knowing Me Knowing You, Lay All Your Love on Me, and Waterloo. Take a Chance on Me and the ones like S.O.S. were also good runs, but I think my opinions on Dancing Queen and Take a Chance on Me are biased because I particularly like those songs. Individual comments follow:
  1. Dancing Queen. Downhill, traffic 237, mega-popular. I do manage to crack the top 11 (for now) with 173,074.
  2. Knowing Me, Knowing You. Wavy, mostly downhill, traffic 170. Less popular, but GeoLuz and gerontious are way out of my league. Still managed 3rd (every once in a while I can top AVengerROcks, but I'm probably more in the same skill class with FrenchLady101)
  3. Take a Chance on Me. Overall no incline or decline, but bumpy, traffic 212. I managed 10th, but I think I flubbed the run a little.
  4. Mamma Mia. Missed a clean finish, out of top 10. I never did like this song.
  5. Lay All Your Love on Me. Maybe there's something to liking the song, though it certainly helped that this was uphill. Great run, I'm 4th on the list.
  6. Super Trouper. Another uphill track, and I had a good run despite changing the lyrics to "Pooper Scooper" in my head. Don't know if I'll make it through the whole album; I'd forgotten how marginal some of these hits were.
  7. I Have a Dream. A downhill but mostly gentle ride with relatively low traffic (147).
  8. The Winner Takes it All. It starts as a bell curve, but pulls up short for a final incline before the final downhill run.
  9. Money, Money, Money. Didn't finish clean and yet ended up in the top ten. I could probably even get into the top five, but I really dislike this song.
  10. S.O.S. Mostly downhill with a few pauses between each run. I actually should be able to beat gerontious's score on this one, but the effort wouldn't be worth momentarily being on top.
  11. Chiquitita. Ack. This is one where there's no chance of catching gerontious, but I missed the clean finish and could have placed higher on the chart.
  12. Fernando. Sort of like the S.O.S. run with larger uphill pauses between each downhill run. Another one where the very top players are out of reach, but third is actually achievable.
  13. Voulez Vous. Another downhill run, more like Knowing Me, Knowing You than Dancing Queen. It's getting to the point where, going in to any song, I know that by Clean Finishing I'll end up with roughly double the value of the gold medal score.
  14. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight). Mostly uphill with a few mini-valleys. Bumpy, jarring. Not much fun.
  15. Does Your Mother Know. No overall incline or decline with a couple of small valleys, until a final downhill run at the end. Bumpy, jarring, not much fun.
  16. One of Us. An initial uphill and then overall level, but bumpy, first place is within striking distance. Not an inspiring run, except for placing 2nd, 20,000 points shy of gerontious.
  17. The Name of the Game. The half of an S-curve after the inflection point. Too many starts and stops for my taste.
  18. Thank You for the Music. Shaped roughly like S.O.S. and Fernando.
  19. Waterloo. Downhill run, traffic of 187, no chance of beating gerontious, so I'm just trying to crack 100,000... and... woo-hoo! 108,702, good for 5th place, and most importantly, top Pointman score in the Elite column (uh, scant hundreds ahead of the next player, but Tirulii has some awesome scores on other songs, so I'll take it)

No comments:

Post a Comment