Saturday, July 26, 2008

VCU students and their funnel cake

I was in Virginia Beach with the in-laws, and as I walked down to the beach this evening, decked out in my tevas, khaki shorts, patterned green short-sleeved oxford shirt, and pilot sunglasses (which fit over my prescription glasses), a young gentleman stopped me and said, "Excuse me, sir. Do you know where we could get some funnel cake?" I answered, "Funnel cake?" And he replied, "That's right. We're a group of students from VCU just looking for a fun place to get some funnel cake." I thought about it for a moment, and then said, "I think there's a place down by the mini-golf."

Now, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think he was really looking for funnel cake, so he might have been disappointed by the place by the mini-golf. Ah, it was good to feel like I was really in the South again.

No comments:

Post a Comment