Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Acrobuffos

Acrobuffos is a duo that specializes in what might be called circus theatrical commedia dell'arte street-style performances and workshops around the globe.  Because they stick to movement theater, there is no language barrier to overcome, and their skits are immediately transferable to any locale.  Brilliant!  


Sadly, I have not seen them perform live, and I only know of their existence because of an article in my alma mater's alumni rag on Christina Gelsone.  I *have* had the honor and pleasure of seeing Christina's wonderful performance as Ariel in a Theater Intime production of the Tempest and dancing with her and others in the Aleta Hayes-choreographed Temporary Structures way back in 1994, so I can honestly say I'm jealous of everyone who has seen Acrobuffos live.  

No comments:

Post a Comment